top of page

Flood Insurance


Did you know that homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage?  Designed to help you get back on your feet, flood insurance will help pay for clean‐up and replacing items like boilers, furnaces, hot water heaters and air conditioners.  If your home is located in a high risk flood zone and you have a mortgage, your lender will likely require you to purchase flood insurance.  However, on average, 25% or more of flood insurance claims each year are made on properties where flood insurance would not have been required by a lender.  Flooding can occur anywhere.  Because of this, and the fact that flood insurance rates in low risk areas are very reasonable, it’s a good idea for every homeowner to at least consider carrying a flood insurance policy.


Flood insurance is provided through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).  RNI Financial agents can provide and service flood insurance coverage through FEMA.  For more information about flood insurance, visit FEMA’s website.


If you have questions on the difference between flood insurance and Water/Sewer Back‐up Coverage on your home insurance, contact us today.

bottom of page